Access your TROY Email
Once accepted for admission, your TROY email will activate within 24 hours. If you are a new employee, you will be notified by your supervisor when your account has been activated. All official university communications will be sent via TROY email. If you are unable to access the TROY email system or change your password after following the instructions below, then please call 1-800-414-5756 or 334-670-HELP for further assistance.
To access your TROY email, you must know your TrojanPass username and password.
- If you do not already know your TrojanPass username, go to my.troy.edu and select “What’s my TrojanPass username?”
- * Enter your Student ID number in the top blank box, your last name in the second blank box, and your birthdate in the third blank box.
- * Click “GET USERNAME”
Accessing your TROY Email
- Office 365 (also known as TROY Email) is a system that requires a different username. It is your TrojanPass username with @troy.edu added to the end. For example, the TrojanPass username jdoe12345 would be firstname.lastname@example.org for the TROY Email username.
- Now that you know your TrojanPass username, you can go to https://login.microsoft.com for email.
- If you have previously logged in, enter your password. If you have forgotten your password go to reset.troy.edu to reset your password.
- Your initial password was provided in your acceptance email and/or mailed packet from the Admissions Office. Please call 1-800-414-5756 if you no longer have this information
What is a TrojanPass account?This account is known as a single sign-on (SSO) account. The same username and password will give you access to many services including:
Frequently Asked Questions
The first time that you login to your account you will be asked to configure your account recovery options by providing alternative contact methods including your phone number and/or alternate email address. If you skip this step you will not be able to reset your password without assistance.
Visit our Forgot Password link to reset your password. Please note that you must have configured your security questions in order to use this.
If you are a new student, please consult your acceptance email for information about your initial password.
Any account may become temporarily disabled after too many invalid login attempts in order to protect your account. This lock is temporary and will be disabled after approximately 30 minutes.
In rare cases an account may have been disabled by support staff in order to protect the account. You can learn more in this article titled "I think my account has been locked or disabled. What should I do?" In this case you will need to contact us for assistance.
Student accounts will remain active for approximately two years after graduation, or last date of attendance. These accounts are disabled after the two-year time period, unless the student reaffiliates with Troy University through employment or re-enrollment.